- COFE recognized as one of the top five startups to be nominated for the London Tech Innovation Award.
- COFE App to transform the coffee market by digitizing people’s daily coffee routine.
- Visitors to the stand were able to experience the full COFE App functionality and treated to beverages from Nude Coffee Roasters.
London, Wednesday 20th November 2019: COFE, the coffee-centric online marketplace that connects coffee house chains and specialty coffee roasters with coffee lovers through a seamless, easy and efficient mobile application participated alongside big named brands including Costa Coffee, Pret A Manger, Café Nero, Paul and Just Eat at The Coffee Shop Innovation Expo 2019.
The immersive two-day event took place at the London Excel, the international convention centre, offering visitors a preview of COFE App’s capabilities ahead of its official UK launch in 2020. Visitors to the stand had the opportunity to order their favorite customized beverage from Nude Coffee Roasters using the app.
The vibrant COFE stand proved a huge hit with consumers, retailers and buyers alike, with the likes of Kimberley Lasi (Sustainability Project Manager at Pret A Manger), Felix Pelegrino (Head of IT at Paul’s Bakery), and Paolo Peretti (MD Retail at Patisserie Valerie), commenting on what a ground-breaking concept COFE App is and how it will be key to the growth of the international coffee marketplace.
Ali Al Ebrahim, Founder and CEO of COFE App also spoke at the event. His keynote focused on the international coffee industry, the opportunities of an online marketplace designed especially for coffee communities around the world and the App’s USP – it’s multi-branded customizable rewards program. Listeners were intrigued by the company’s offerings, COFE App’s impressive growth and its plans for international expansion, starting with the UK.
Ali said “I have been overwhelmed with the positive response to COFE App and the amount of support the team and I have received over the last 48 hours. Hosting an event to such an engaged crowd has been a privilege. COFE App has been hugely successful across the MENA region, and we are excited about our foray into the UK next year. We look forward to serving coffee lovers here.”
During the second day, the COFE App was shortlisted as one of the top five startups for the Tech Innovation Award alongside ground-breaking brands including Viva Wallet, iFinca, Coffunity and Dining Hub.
The Tech Innovation Award nomination is one of the long list of accolades that the brand has received since inception. COFE App was recently awarded the Top 50 Tech Companies in Asia Award by InterCon and has also been listed by Forbes Middle East as one of the 50 start-ups to watch in the Arab World.
COFE App was among the most promising 100 start-ups by The Arab Youth Centre in Dubai, UAE in 2017. Ali Al Ebrahim was the recipient of the Arabian Business Entrepreneur of the Year Award for his work with COFE App.
The Coffee Shop Expo continues to play a significant role in the industry and provides exhibitors a platform to network and grow their business. The show attracted trade industry professionals, comprising of large corporations, independent coffee shops owners and buyers from popular high street chains, all of which are showcased their innovative ways to extend their offerings and increase their footprint within the industry.
Officially launched in November 2018, COFE App was created to serve the coffee community worldwide. The App offers concierge services that enable customers to customise, order and pay for their coffee online, which can then be collected at the counter, office, car, hospital, airport departure gates as well as delivery to preferred location. The App serves all kinds of coffee needs from ready-to-drink beverages, machines and beans.
The Coffee Shop Innovation Expo ran over two days – Tuesday19th November – Wednesday 20th November 2019 – and hosted some of the biggest names in the culinary world.
About COFE App:
- Summer 2017: COFE App was seeded by its Kuwait-based founder Mr. Ali Al Ebrahim along with other coffee enthusiasts.
- February 2018: Conceptualized in Kuwait and developed in Silicon Valley, the App was beta launched.
- December 2018: The app has been featured in Forbes Middle East annual list of “Top 50 startups to watch for in the Arab world”.
- February 2019: The App closed a Pre-Series A Round of funding, raising US 3.2 Million Dollars funds from investors across the Middle East and from Silicon Valley.
- March 2019: Ali Al Ebrahim, Founder & CEO of COFE app listed as one of the 6 Notable Arab Innovators by Forbes Middle East.
- April 2019: “Arabian Business Entrepreneur of the Year Award” awarded to Mr. Ali Al Ebrahim, Founder & CEO of COFE app.
- September 2019: Nominated for the Tech Innovation Awards (results pending) at the annual Coffee Shop Innovation Expo to be held in London in November 2019.
COFE App features:
- A state-of-the-art Customer Rewards program that enables customers to collect points and redeem them with prizes
- Saves time through a quick, easy, seamless and simple coffee purchasing experience.
- Extensive menu options that enable drinks customization (for example: sugar, milk type, and other add-ons).
- Multiple delivery options, including fast delivery to office or home, store pick up, and in car delivery service.
- Catering services for meetings and private banquets, with on-site kiosk and barista service.
- Multiple payment options, including cash-on delivery, debit cards and credit on the account.
- Bilingual, available both in English and Arabic.
- COFE Maps: Map view showing all the COFE Shops around the users.
Download link: https://land.ly/L8O9De